Sales Training for Business Development Managers
Solution selling is a sales strategy that places emphasis on the salesperson becoming a problem solver when dealing with his or her clients and to help them address their business critical issues. The process is intended to elevate the position of the salesperson from a mere vendor to a trusted advisor, being in this position increases the likelihood of:
- Winning more deals due to closer engagement with the client
- Increased margin due to competing on value and not on price
- Shorter sales cycles due to collaborative involvement in the buying process
- Greater customer satisfaction and resulting referrals due to successful delivery of projects
Is Solution Selling for You?
Solution selling is not for everyone, it can be time consuming and demanding on resources. However, if you answer “Yes” to any of the following questions, you should seriously consider adopting the methodology.
- Do you sell solutions at a medium to high price point?
- Do you want to move away from competing on price?
- Are you tired of being on the back foot, responding to customer queries which are initiated by your competitors?
- Are you finding it difficult to differentiate yourself against your competitors?
- Would you like to strengthen the relationships with your customers?