Sales Training for Enterprise Sales
Solution selling is a sales strategy that places emphasis on the salesperson becoming a problem solver when dealing with his or her clients and to help them address their business critical issues. The process is intended to elevate the position of the salesperson from a mere vendor to a trusted advisor, being in this position increases the likelihood of:
- Winning more deals due to closer engagement with the client
- Increased margin due to competing on value and not on price
- Shorter sales cycles due to collaborative involvement in the buying process
- Greater customer satisfaction and resulting referrals due to successful delivery of projects
Solution Selling is the Ability to Convince your Prospect to Choose You to Help them Solve their Business Critical Issues
The skills required to successfully implement a solution selling approach are not always inherent in salespeople, especially if they are coming from a transactional (product) sales background. New knowledge and skills may need to be established or reinforced.
Is Solution Selling for You?
Solution selling is not for everyone, it can be time consuming and demanding on resources. However, if you answer “Yes” to any of the following questions, you should seriously consider adopting the methodology.
- Do you sell solutions at a medium to high price point?
- Do you want to move away from competing on price?
- Are you tired of being on the back foot, responding to customer queries which are initiated by your competitors?
- Are you finding it difficult to differentiate yourself against your competitors?
- Would you like to strengthen the relationships with your customers?
Prospects and customers are far more likely to engage with you if you can answer “Yes” to these questions:
- Do you have the capabilities to solve their problems?
- Can you prove it, are you credible?
- Are you the right person and company for them?
- Can you demonstrate that the value you bring far outweighs the investment you are asking?
- Can you be a true partner and guide them to where they want to be without bias?
This is a full day course available as a scheduled public course (see calendar) or delivered privately in-house. It is suitable for B2B salespeople who are tasked with delivering high value and complex sales.